The Trek Stop is the green lodging facility of Tropical Wings Nature Center, located on 22 acres of second-growth tropical forest in the Cayo District, Belize.
We offer simple but comfortable, clean, friendly, safe, and environmentally-sound lodging for relaxing or using as a base from which to explore western Belize and nearby Guatemala. Situated along the Western Highway, The Trek Stop is easy to reach by bus, car, or share-taxi.
Our facilities feature:
- A choice of screened cabins with twin or double beds and bunk beds, private or shared bath, hot water and 24-hour electricity, or camp sites. All cabins have fans.
- FREE high-speed DSL internet network, with WI-FI
- A restaurant serving a wide variety of reasonably priced meals
- A basic kitchen for those who prefer to cook themselves
- A dining and lounge area adjacent to the kitchen for relaxing and conversing with your fellow guests.
- Natural history library and video/DVD collection (as well as cable tv)
- Composting toilets and solar-assisted hot showers
- The only Frisbee Golf Course in Belize!
- Staff on premises around-the-clock